There’s a new facial treatment that can tighten sagging skin, improve blood flow and even improve your complexion.
It’s Frozen C Cryotherapy treatment.
We now offer this new and innovative facial procedure at our practice, and our patients love it for treating facial redness, puffiness, rosacea, large pores, fine lines and wrinkles.
Frozen C Cryotherapy delivers the coldest concentrated cryogen (-78º Celsius) directly to the skin and delivers maximum results.
Here’s what you need to know about Frozen C Cryotherapy and its biggest benefits.
What Is Frozen C Cryotherapy?
Frozen C Cryo is a non-invasive procedure that works on all skin types and uses a patented device called Cold Shot™. It’s an FDA-approved medical device for treating vascular lesions. The Cold Shot™ extreme cold is used to freeze small areas of the face or body with a cooling gel pad. This creates a controlled temperature drop in the area being treated, which kills off damaged or old cells and facilitates new cell growth.
Frozen C Cryotherapy triggers the Bohr Effect and the Hunting Reaction in the body, which is the skin’s physiologic response to the extreme temperatures of this anti-aging treatment. During these responses, the body alternates vasoconstriction and vasodilation — the expansion and constriction — of blood vessels to produce a proliferation of oxygen and anti-inflammatory agents, and improve overall blood flow to the skin.
How Does Frozen C Cryotherapy Work?
When the Cold Shot™ is placed on the skin, it produces a controlled temperature drop. This causes the skin cells to shrink and contract, which tightens pores, reduces swelling, improves blood circulation and helps reduce the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles. When the Cold Shot™ is removed from the skin, the skin returns to room temperature.
Does Cryotherapy Hurt?
No. There is no pain or downtime associated with Frozen C.
What Are the Four Biggest Benefits of Frozen C Cryotherapy?
1. Frozen C improves collagen production. Collagen is the most abundant protein in the human body. It provides structural support and elasticity to your skin. As collagen production decreases with age, the skin becomes thinner, loses volume and appears more wrinkled. With Frozen C Cryotherapy, collagen production increases by up to 50 percent.
2. Frozen C improves the appearance of pores. Pores are tiny openings in the skin through which sebum (oil) and bacteria enter the skin. They appear as black spots on the surface of the skin. With Frozen C Cryo, the skin shrinks and closes these holes.
3. Frozen C improves the look of scars. Scars occur when the skin heals after injury. These marks may be raised, depressed or discolored. With Frozen C Cryosurgery, the scar tissue contracts and tightens over time.
4. Frozen C works quickly. The cold temperatures of Frozen C Cryotherapy focus on increasing blood flow and oxygen transfer receptiveness directly to dermal tissue. These components help invigorate healthy cellular turnover, so your skin rejuvenates in a short period of time.
Is Frozen C Cryotherapy Right For Me?
If you want to:
- Tighten sagging skin
- Improve the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles
- Reduce the appearance of enlarged pores
- Improve skin texture
- Treat acne scars
- Treat rosacea and other medical conditions of the skin
- Enhance your complexion and skin tone
Then yes! You should consider Frozen C Cryotherapy.
How Long Will My Results Last?
Results will last up to 12 months following treatment. After that point, the effects of the treatment will begin to diminish.
Who Should Not Consider Frozen C Cryotherapy?
People who have had laser treatments in the past six months should wait before pursuing Frozen C.
Do I Need To Have A Pre-Treatment Consultation?
Yes. Your doctor will recommend a pre-treatment consultation if you have any concerns about your skin’s condition or if you have not been previously treated with cryotherapy.
Can I Use Other Cosmetics While Having Frozen C Cryotherapy?
Yes. However, we do not recommend using makeup products during the first few days after treatment. We also suggest avoiding sun exposure until at least two weeks post-procedure.
Can I Use Frozen C Cryotherapy Alongside Other Procedures?
Yes. If you’re considering additional procedures such as Botox®, Juvederm®, Dysport®, Restylane® or Radiesse®, we can perform them at the same time. However, this isn’t always possible. We’ll need to determine what’s best for your individual needs during your consultation.
Are There Any Side Effects From Frozen C Cryotherapy?
There are no known side effects of Frozen C Cryotherapy, but please consult your physician before undergoing any new procedure.
How Long Does The Treatment Take?
Depending on the area treated, the average duration of treatment is 20 minutes.
Why Choose Us?
We offer a full range of services including microdermabrasion, chemical peels, laser skin rejuvenation, dermal fillers and botulinum toxin injections along with other face and body services and surgical procedures.