Did you know that your lips are unique, just like your fingerprints? And, like fingerprints, they can be used for identification?
The lines and wrinkles on lips vary from person to person, as does the shape of your lips, which also contributes to your unique identity.
7 Types of Lip Shape
There are many different kinds of lip shapes, including plump or thin, round or heart-shaped. Learn about the different types of lips and how you can enhance your look in this blog. Here are the most common lip shapes:
1. Round Lips: Lips form a circle.
2. Cupid’s Bow: A bow-shaped lip where the upper part curves toward the nose and the lower part curls to the chin.
3. Heart-Shaped: When the top half of the mouth is wider than the bottom half.
4. Thin Lips: They appear thinner because they lack volume.
5. Pointy Lips: Have an angular point at the end of the mouth.
6. Petite Pucker: This look can be cute, but some feel it is not very attractive because it makes the face seem smaller.
7. Full Lips: This is the most common kind of lip — and the one that many women want to achieve. It’s when both the upper and lower lips are full with no gap between them. The best way to enhance this type of lips is by using lipstick or gloss that matches well with your skin tone. If you don’t like wearing lipstick, use tinted moisturizer instead.
Lips and Personality
Not only are your lips and their shape and print unique, but some people also think your lips are an indicator of your personality. Some of the characteristics individuals have assigned to certain lip shapes include:
• Those who have thick lips are more aggressive while those with thin lips are shy.
• Those with large lips tend to be outgoing while those with small or thin lips are reserved.
• Individuals with long faces usually have narrow lips.
• Many women prefer men with medium-sized lips.
• Men with short chins generally have larger lips.
Do You Love Your Lips?
Do you love how your lips look? Or is there something you want to change about your lip type? Do you wish you could make them thicker, smoother or even longer? Well, here are some tips to help you get started!
How to Make Your Lips Look Thicker
You may already know that eating foods rich in vitamin C help keep your lips healthy. But did you know that drinking water regularly will also improve the condition of your lips? Drinking plenty of water keeps your body hydrated, which means that your lips stay soft and supple.
You should drink at least eight glasses of water each day. Try adding lemon juice to your water to boost its flavor. Lemon contains citric acid, which works wonders against dryness.
Another tip is to apply coconut oil directly onto your lips before going to bed. Coconut oil penetrates deep into the pores of your lips, leaving behind moisture and nourishment.
To add extra shine to your lips, try applying honey on them after washing your face (including washing your lips). Honey acts as a natural exfoliator, removing dead cells from your lips.
Some women also find using lighter shades of lipstick can make their lips look bigger.
Lip Enhancement with Dermal Fillers for Women
If you’re looking to give yourself a new set of pouty lips, consider dermal fillers. Dermal fillers can provide instant results without surgery. In fact, these treatments require little downtime and offer lasting effects.
Temporary lip fillers work by injecting hyaluronic acid, collagen, calcium hydroxyapatite, polymethyl methacrylate, silicone gel or other substances under the surface of the skin. These materials stimulate cell growth and create volume where needed. They can smooth out wrinkles, lift sagging areas, reduce fine lines and restore lost facial contours.
One popular and dynamic lip filler to boost the appearance of your lips is Restylane. Restylane has been used successfully for over 20 years to treat moderate to severe nasolabial folds and restore areas that have lost volume, or restore lips that are lacking plumpness. It provides immediate improvement in this area and lasts up to three months.
Restylane is a hyaluronic acid filler, injected just beneath the skin so it doesn’t cause any discomfort during treatment. After injection, patients experience minimal swelling and bruising. Most importantly, they see dramatic improvements in lip appearance within just a few days.
The amount of filler used varies from patient to patient.
Do you want to improve the appearance of your lips? Call us now to schedule your consultation and to find out how Restylane can help. Learn more about our other injectable offerings here.