Liposuction is one of the most popular plastic surgery procedures performed in the United States year after year, and for good reason, too. It’s fast, dynamic, affordable and can deliver the results you’re looking for if you want to resculpt and reshape. Modern liposuction also has skin-tightening benefits, and the recovery process is easier than ever before. Sounds great, right? While we do think liposuction is a pretty awesome procedure, there are a few things to keep in mind. Here are five things to think about if you’re considering liposuction.
1. Liposuction won’t help you lose weight. Yes, liposuction does take fat out of your body (two to five pounds on average), but it is not a weight-loss tool. The best time to consider liposuction is when you are at or close to your ideal weight. Liposuction will help you remove pockets of stubborn fat that won’t budge with diet or exercise.
2. Liposuction won’t get rid of your cellulite. Have the lumps and bumps of cellulite? Liposuction won’t help, unfortunately. While liposuction is excellent for getting rid of fat, it cannot remove the rope-like, tough, fibrous strands of connective tissue that cause cellulite.
3. You should be in good health. As with any plastic surgery procedure, you should be in good health and at (or close to) your ideal weight. This will help you reduce your risk of complications and ensure good results.
4. Liposuction is safe. Liposuction is a safe procedure when performed by a trained and experienced provider like Dr. Peterson.
5. Liposuction can be used on the face. Yes, liposuction can be used to reduce fat in the chin. It can also be used on other body areas such as the upper arms, back and thighs.
Want to learn more? Give Dr. Peterson’s office a call to schedule a consultation at 785-234-9000.