Have you had a face-lift? If so, we hope you love your results. You can keep enjoying your results and looking great in the future if you take some steps today to take care of your skin. Dr. Peterson offers patients some practical skin care tips to preserve both skin health and face-lift results in this blog.
Five Tips to Prolong the Results of a Face-Lift
1. Use Sunscreen. Sunscreen is an absolute necessity for prolonging the results of your face-lift. Sunscreen is necessary because the damaging UV rays of the sun can cause the breakdown of proteins that are vital to the skin’s ability to stretch and retract. When these proteins break down, the result is sagging, wrinkles and the development of fine lines and creases. You probably do not want to have sagging skin once again after going through face-lift surgery, so grab a broad-spectrum sunscreen with an SPF of at least 50 and wear it!
2. Eat a Healthy Diet. Eating a healthy diet does not just nourish your body, it also nourishes your skin. It is essential to eat a diet rich in foods full of antioxidants, such as fruits, berries, whole grains and leafy greens. Avoid eating processed foods and sugar. Drink plenty of water to keep your skin hydrated, too.
3. Establish a Skin Care Routine. You need to take care of your skin after your face-lift, and the best way to do so is to establish a skin care routine with quality products like cleansers, toners, anti-aging serums and moisturizers (and sunscreen!). Ask Dr. Peterson what products he can recommend to keep your skin looking great and extend the life of your face-lift.
4. Try Skin-Rejuvenation Services. In addition to protecting your skin from sun damage with sunscreen, eating a healthy diet and taking care of your skin with a solid skin care routine, adding skin-rejuvenating treatments can extend the results of your face-lift. These treatments include laser skin rejuvenation, IPL and microdermabrasion. Note: Be sure to ask Dr. Peterson if it is OK to have procedures so you can be sure you are fully healed.
5. Select a Board-Certified Plastic Surgeon. The best way to get long-lasting face-lift results is to start with a board-certified plastic surgeon. Using a qualified plastic surgeon like Dr. Peterson means you are in the hands of someone with the training, education and experience necessary to perform the procedure.
Learn more about how to care for your skin after a face-lift to maximize your results by calling Dr. Peterson today at 785-234-9000.