We know fall has barely just begun, but holidays are on the horizon. That means it’s time to schedule an appointment with Dr. Peterson to freshen up your face and skin before the fast pace of Christmas card pictures, family gatherings, office parties and holiday get-togethers begin. These skin procedures will have you looking great till the new year.
1. Dermal Fillers. Dermal fillers like Juvederm, Radiesse and Restylane are excellent options if you want to smooth out fine lines and wrinkles, fill in acne scars, or erase other signs of aging. The effects of these products last between three months and a year, so you may see anti-aging benefits well into 2018, depending on what product you choose.
For best results, schedule your procedures one week before your first holiday event of the season.
2. Chemical Peels. Fall is the best time to get a chemical peel. Colder temps mean your skin will be more comfortable after your chemical peel procedure. Chemical peels cause controlled burns on the surface of the skin, which makes the skin blister and peel, revealing new, fresh skin underneath. This new skin is also very susceptible to the sun’s damaging rays, and in the fall the sun’s power weakens a bit until the spring. (Note: You should still wear sunscreen in the fall and even in the winter.)
Make an appointment for your chemical peel a few weeks before your family pictures to guarantee your skin will look great in your Christmas card photos.
3. Botox. Botox quickly targets facial lines by temporarily paralyzing the facial muscles to prevent future creases from forming.
Botox takes effect very quickly, so schedule your Botox injections at least one week before your family gathering or office party to ensure you look your best.
4. Kybella. If you’re dreading family photos this holiday season because of a double chin, talk to Dr. Peterson about Kybella treatments. Kybella is a fat-dissolving injection that will target the fat of your chin and melt it away.
Most people see the results of their Kybella treatment in just four to five days, so ideally give yourself a week before your pictures or parties for your procedure.
5. Liposuction. Liposuction is a great gift to give yourself this holiday season. It is an excellent option to reshape your body after reaching your weight-loss goals. It is also an excellent option to remove stubborn fat that just won’t budge despite working out and eating healthy.
Since liposuction does require a few weeks of recovery, plan your procedure so you won’t have to miss any holiday fun.